Holding trivia quizzes is a fun and excellent way to test children’s general knowledge of various topics and boost their memory. Furthermore, it offers children endless possibilities to learn about many new things from around the world.
Having a good grasp of general knowledge is essential for children. Trivia questions help them get rid of boredom and challenges them to learn more about the things around them.
Do you think your child is an expert in science, animals, sports, geography, etc.? Find out by asking them these trivia questions for middle school.
Trivia Questions For Middle School
Science Trivia Questions
1. What is it called when birds fly to warmer climates for the winter?
2. Which parts of our body keep growing throughout our lives?
Ears and nose
3. How many legs does a spider have?
4. What do you call a person who studies rocks?
5. Who was the first human to step on the Moon?
6. How many teeth do most adult humans have?
7. What is the largest known living land animal?
African bush elephant
8. What is precipitation that falls in the form of ice crystals called?
9. What is the hardest substance in our body?
10. What are the three states of matter?
Solid, liquid, and gas
11. What do you call a person who studies weather?
12. How many muscles are there in the human body?
Approximately 640 muscles
13. Which is the most abundant natural gas in our atmosphere?
Nitrogen, which makes up over 78% of the Earth’s atmosphere
14. If you have arachnophobia, which animal are you scared of?
15. How many elements are in the periodic table?
16. What is the largest internal organ in the human body?
17. How many breaths do the average human take in a day?
Approximately 23,000 breaths
18. What are the droplets of water (rain, snow, sleet, or hail) that form in the atmosphere and fall back to the Earth called?
19. What does the Richter scale measure?
The magnitude of an earthquake
20. How many bones does a worm have in their bodies?
21. What is the hardest natural substance in the world?
22. How many chambers are there in a human heart?
Four – left and right atria and left and right ventricles
23. At what temperature does water freeze?
32 degrees Fahrenheit
24. What is a human’s average temperature?
98.6 degrees Fahrenheit
25. How many tentacles does an octopus have?
Eight – two arms and two legs
26. What kind of mollusk holds a pearl in its shell?
27. How many arms do most starfish have?
28. Which sea animal has tentacles that sting?
29. What is the longest bone in the human body?
30. How many bones does the human body have?
31. What is the smallest bone in the human body?
The stapes located in the middle ear
32. How many ribs do humans have?
Space Trivia Questions
33. How many stars are there in the Milky Way?
Approximately 150-250 billion
34. Which planet in our Solar System is known for having a ring?
35. Why do things fall when you drop them?
Because of the gravitational force of the
36. Who was the first human to step on the Moon?
37. What are the hot balls of light that appear in the night sky called?
38. How long does it take the Earth to rotate around the Sun?
One year or 365 days – 365 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes, and 16 seconds to be exact
39. How many of the planets are smaller than Earth?
Three – Mercury, Venus, Mars
40. What primarily causes the Earth’s tides through gravitational pull?
41. How many phases does the Moon have?
42. What are the phases of the Moon?
New Moon, Waxing Crescent, First Quarter, Waxing Gibbous, Full Moon, Waning Gibbous, Third Quarter, and Waning Crescent
43. How often does the Moon orbit the Earth?
Approximately every 27 days
44. Is there a gravitational force on the Moon?
No, the Moon does not have a gravitational force
45. What are the holes on the Moon’s surface called?
46. Which planet has a day that lasts almost eight months on Earth?
47. How many Earths can fit inside the Sun?
48. What is the largest planet in our solar system?
49. What was the first animal to go into orbit?
The dog Laika
50. Which planet is closest to Earth?
51. What is the name of a group of stars that form an imaginary picture?
Animal Trivia Questions
52. What is the fastest animal in the world?
Cheetah – It can reach a speed of up to 70 miles per hour
53. Which fish has no brain or heart?
54. What is the slowest living mammal on Earth?
55. Are worker bees male or female?
56. How many noses does a slug have?
57. Which dinosaur had 15 horns?
58. Which amphibian never sleeps?
59. Why do cats fit into small spaces?
Because they have flexible collar bones
60. What is a giant scary ocean animal whose bones are largely made of cartilage?
61. Name a few mammals that can’t jump.
Elephant, sloth, hippo, rhino
62. What is the fastest flying bird in the world?
63. Which is the tallest animal in the world?
64. Which animal’s fingerprints are identical to human fingerprints?
65. What is the fastest aquatic animal?
The sailfish – It can reach speeds of up to 68 miles per hour
66. How many times can a hummingbird flap its wings per second?
About 80 times
67. Which mammal has the longest lifespan?
Bowhead whale – It can live up to 200 years!
68. How many wings does a bee have?
Four wings in total (two sets)
69. How fast can a roadrunner run?
15-20 miles per hour
70. How many legs does a lobster have?
10 (8 walking legs and two pincers)
Geography Trivia Questions
71. Which sea separates Europe and Africa?
The Mediterranean Sea
72. Which is the smallest ocean in the world?
The Arctic Ocean
73. What is the name of the ocean located between the United States and the United Kingdom?
The Atlantic Ocean
74. Which continent has the most countries?
75. Which is the continent on Earth?
76. What is the largest ocean on Earth?
77. Which two countries share the longest border?
The United States and Canada
78. What is the longest river in the world?
79. What are the only two U.S. states that can grow coffee commercially?
Hawaii and California
80. Which desert covers most of North Africa?
The Sahara Desert
81. What is the name of the ocean located between Africa and Australia?
The Indian Ocean
82. Which ocean is located between North America and Europe?
The Atlantic Ocean
83. Which is the largest rainforest in the world?
The Amazon rainforest
84. Which is the largest volcano in the world?
The Mount Lao
85. What is the imaginary line that divides Earth into the Western Hemisphere and the Eastern Hemisphere?
86. Mount Kilimanjaro is located in which country?
87. What is the tallest mountain in the world?
88. How many Great Lakes are there?
History Trivia Questions
89. The first atomic bomb was dropped in which city?
90. When did the US gain its Independence?
July 2, 1776
91. Who was the first US President to get impeached?
92. Who was the first female to fly an airplane?
93. Who invented the telephone?
Alexander Graham Bell
94. Who invented the light bulb?
95. Who was the first president of the USA?
96. Where did the Olympic Games originate?
97. What animal is considered to be the national bird of America?
98. Who was the first Black president of the United States?
99. Which was the first country to use paper money?
100. Who wrote a famous diary while hiding from the Nazis in Amsterdam?
Mathematics Trivia Questions
101. What is the smallest prime number?
102. How many degrees are there in a circle?
103. What is a triangle with three unequal sides called?
104. How many inches is a foot?
105. What comes after million, billion, and trillion?
106. How many feet are in a yard?
107. What is the top number of a fraction called?
108. What is the bottom number of a fraction called?
109. What is another name for the perimeter of a circle?
110. What degree is a right angle?
111. How many pints are in a gallon?
112. How many pints are in a quart?
We hope you found our trivia questions for middle school exciting and enlightening. Although this list has been curated keeping the appropriate age group of middle school goers in mind, it can be shared with your family and friends too. So, challenge each other to a quiz on a night out and see who wins.